Normandy Fountain Construction UpdateSeptember 30, 2014
Nearly restored to it’s former beauty, the Normandy Fountain once again stands gallantly over Normandy Isle and it’s residents. With it’s bright white pillar and colorful imported tile, the Normandy Fountain demands the attention of passersby. Only a few more steps remain before we can yet again enjoy watching the water dance over each of the two brilliantly colored tiers.
So far, construction is going smoothly and is on track for completion for mid October 2014, as scheduled.
The items completed thus far have been:
- Scaffolding dismantled
- Sandblasting completed
- Obelisk (tower) painted
- Gargoyles restored and painted
- Lightning protection completed
- Ceramic tiles on upper tower installed
- Plumbing work 85% completed – in progress
- Electrical work 50% completed – in progress
- Underground work; utilities interface connections 50% completed – in progress
The items that are still a work in progress or have not yet been completed are:
- Upper and lower basin plumbing fixtures
- Upper and lower basin electrical fixtures
- Upper and lower basin ceramic tile installation
- Upper and lower basin painting
- Pressure cleaning of grout
- Sanding and sealing of paved brick area
- Grass restoration
These remaining tasks are scheduled for this week and the Normandy Fountain will be ready for public enjoyment later this month! There will be a launching ceremony at the fountain on October 14th at 6:00pm. The Miami Beach Mayor will be in attendance to flip the switch, turning the fountain ON. We enjoyed your feedback on our previous update and would like to hear more from you. What potential activities would you like to see take place at such a central and historic location?
Also, read Normandy Fountain Gets a Facelift.