Dog Beach Opened in North BeachMay 11, 2014
Dog lovers rejoice! North Beach has recently acquired the first and only Dog Beach in Miami Beach. We’re excited to have a place for dogs to run freely and enjoy the beautiful Miami Beach sands just like their owners. The ribbon cutting ceremony took place on May 10th at the beach entrance of Collins Ave and 81st St and was a huge success!
However, as with any dog park, safety and responsibility come first.
The Dog Beach rules are as follows:
- Dog Beach use by permit only.
- Dogs must have collar, name tag, and rabies tag on at all times.
- Owner is responsible for immediate disposal of all fecal matter deposited by their dog.
- Dogs shall be leashed at all times except in designated area. Owner must carry leash at all times in the Dog Beach area.
- Unruly dogs and owners may be asked to leave.
- Owner must carry issued permit at all times when using Dog Beach.
- Dogs are not permitted to dig in the sand.
- Limit two (2) dogs per owner.
Hours of operation for the Dog Beach are Friday-Sunday between 3:00PM – 7:00PM.
Permits are required and can be obtained as follows:
- Daily permits are available on-site at Dog Beach (cash only)
- Daily/Yearly permits available at Flamingo Park Pool or Normandy Isle Park Pool between 8:00AM – 7:00 PM. (Flamingo Park Pool is CLOSED on Tuesdays, Normandy Isle Park Pool is CLOSED on Wednesdays.)
- To obtain a permit, submit a Dog Beach Application or call 305-673-7730
Fees Per Dog
- Daily Rate: Residents $5.00, Non-Residents $10.00 (cash only on site)
- Annual Rate: Residents $20.00, Non-Residents $50.00